Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Why you shouldn't hand out your business card...

Jason “Profit” Moffett (http://www.jasonmoffatt.com/) is a successful internet marketer who refuses to hand out business cards at seminars. Instead of trying to network, he prefers “schmoozing at the bar and making genuine friends.” He wrote this on a forum a couple years ago, and it stuck with me:

“I'm trying to make a powerful impact that no business card could ever do. I'm building real world relationships that makes the card pretty much irrelevant.

“And I'll tell you the secret...

“It's all done with great storytelling. If you can get 10 guys in a circle and have them all intensely listening to your story, you don't need cards. People remember enthusiastic and outgoing people that make them smile.

“I'm not saying business cards don't work for some, cuz they do. However, you should see people's faces when I say that I'm strongly against giving out business cards. At first they think it's weird, but after they hear my explanation they usually want my contact info even more than before.”

No comments:

Post a Comment